Members in favour of deal that includes raise and other improvements
The tentative agreement with your employer, the Brazeau Foundation, was ratified on Oct. 7 after members voted to accept the deal.
A total of 15 of the eligible 24 eligible members took part in the vote. All 15 voted in favour. There were no votes against accepting the deal.
The highlights of the deal include:
- Year one: June 1, 2020, to May 31, 2021: Wage increase of 0%.
- Year two: June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2022: $500 recognition bonus to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Members who work 0.5 Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) positions will receive one personal day on the date the agreement.
- $100 increase to health-spending accounts on Jan. 1, 2022. From that date, the health-spending accounts will become health and personal spending accounts. This allows for a wider range of purchases to be covered.
- An increase of 10 cents to the evening shift differential to $2.10 per hour.
- An increase of 10 cents to the night shift differential to $3.10 per hour.
- An increase of 10 cents to the weekend premium to $2.60 per hour.
- Year three: June 1, 2022, to May 31, 2023: Wage increase of 1.75%.
Other improvements include:
- New language on layoffs so that they will be done by reverse seniority, so the people with the most service will be the last to be laid off.
- Extra shifts will be offered by seniority and on a fair and rotational basis.
- There were also some other non-monetary improvements.
Thanks for your support during bargaining this new collective agreement during these challenging times.
Your Brazeau Foundation, Drayton Valley, negotiating team
Sharon Boyd: 780-515-9118
Debbie Griffiths: 780-514-4302
Michelle Snow: 780-621-3963