Online ratification vote coming soon
Your negotiating team is pleased to announce that we have reached a new tentative agreement with our employer. We recommend members vote in favour of ratifying this agreement.
Your team pushed hard for a good deal, and wanted an even better one. However, Portage College is restricted by the provincial government in ways that they could not work around.
Nevertheless, this new agreement includes several improvements. Here are some highlights:
- Term: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2024
- Wage Increases:
- 1.25% April 1, 2023
- 1.5% December 1, 2023
- 0.5% February 1, 2024 (Gain Share Formula)
- Increased safety footwear allowance ($150 from $120/year)
- Increased Health Spending Account ($750 from $680/year)
- Moves job-protected leaves from a letter into the main agreement
- Updates the agreement to gender neutral language
- Clarified Employee Management Advisory Committee composition
- Clarified access to digital and print copies of the collective Agreement
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of your bargaining team or AUPE resource staff.
Portage College has given permission to use your work emails for an online ratification vote. On February 24, you will receive a link through your college email address to vote. The vote is secure and confidential. The deadline to submit your ballot is March 3rd.
Make sure you never miss a bargaining update or other union news. Sign up at www.aupe.org/update-info.
PORTAGE COLLEGE NEGOTIATING TEAM
780-246-5571 or firstname.lastname@example.org
403-829-7013 or email@example.com
780-404-9301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF
Merryn Edwards, Negotiator
Christine Yargeau-Becker, Organizer
Alexander Delorme, Communications