What is the Members' Benefits Benevolent Fund?
The Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund is administered by a Committee of AUPE members. Sometimes an AUPE member faces an emergency that qualifies for financial assistance from the union.
How do you apply for assistance?
If you face financial emergency, you may apply for assistance from the fund by filling out the form linked below. All areas of the application form must be completed in full as well as signed and dated by the member before it is sent to the Members’ Benefits Committee Finance contact. Supporting financial documents must be included with the application form in order to be considered by the Members’ Benefits Committee.
The signed form along with required supporting financial documentation can be faxed to 780-930-3344 or emailed to email@example.com.
The Committee meets once each month to review and assess individual applications. Applications will be reviewed and carefully considered on their own merits. Each case is kept strictly confidential. The Committee has the authority to approve or deny applications, and applicant members will be notified of the Committee’s decision.
Applicants for financial assistance affected by a decision of the Members’ Benefits Committee will have the right to appeal that decision to the President – whose decision will be final and binding.
Download the Application for Assistance, Members’ Benefits Benevolent Fund
2023 Members' Benefits Committee meetings schedule:
The upcoming regular meetings of the Members’ Benefits Committee are scheduled for:
- January 11, 2023 - deadline to apply is January 9 at 4:00pm
- February 1, 2023 - deadline to apply is January 30 at 4:00pm
- March 2, 2023 - deadline to apply is February 28 at 4:00pm
- April 4, 2023 - deadline to apply is March 31 at 4:00pm
- May 2, 2023 - deadline to apply is April 28 at 4:00pm
- June 6, 2023 - deadline to apply is June 2 at 4:00pm
- July 24, 2023 - deadline to apply is July 21 at 4:00pm
- August 2023 - NO MEETING
- September 5, 2023 - deadline to apply is August 31 at 4:00pm
- October 3, 2023 - deadline to apply is September 29 at 4:00pm
- November 7, 2023 - deadline to apply is November 3 at 4:00pm
- December 5, 2022 - deadline to apply is December 1 at 4:00pm
NOTE: Meeting dates are subject to change.