General Support Services members at Venta Care have voted in favour of our new collective agreement. Your negotiating team thanks everyone who participated in this vote.
Former Venta Care staff are encouraged to apply for retroactive pay. If you are a former staff member who worked during the time of the retroactive wage increases, please contact:
Peter C. Birzgalis, Administrator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Venta Care Centre, 13525 – 102 St NW, Edmonton, AB, T5E 4K3
Here are the highlights of our new collective agreement:
Term of Agreement
- August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2024
- Aug. 1, 2017 – Jan. 31, 2022 – 0%
- Feb. 1, 2022 – 1.0%
- Jan. 1, 2023 – 1.25%
- Aug. 1, 2023 – 2.0%
Lump sum bonus on ratification
- To recognize the work of members during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, a one-time lump sum payment computed at the rate of 1% of the basic rate of pay for all hours worked, inclusive of time on sick leave with pay and time on paid vacation, in the period between Jan. 1, 2021, and Dec. 31, 2021;
- It will be payable 30 days after the date of ratification;
- And will be pro-rated for regular part-time, temporary part-time, casual employees and new employees hired after Jan. 1, 2021.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2023 – increase Unit Clerk wages by $1.50 per hour and Therapy Assistant wages by $1.00 per hour.
Lump sum payment
- One-time ratification bonus (in lieu of retro pay for the 1% increase which was received by AHS members in 2019) totaling $1,400 to be paid in two installments:
- $700 within 30 days of ratification and $700 on the first pay period after Nov. 1, 2023.
Article 22 – Named Holidays
- Addition of National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Article 24 Employee Benefits – NEW Health Care Spending Account
- Effective Jan. 1, 2024 – Health Care Spending Account annual allowance $250 per employee per calendar year
Article 29 RRSP Plan and Letter of Understanding – RRSP Plan – Payroll Deduction Program
- Effective July 1, 2023 – contribution rate increases by 1% Employee voluntary contribution rate increases from 2% up to 3% Employer matches Employee voluntary contribution rate up to maximum 3%
- Effective July 1, 2024 – contribution rate increases by 1% Employee voluntary contribution rate increases from 3% up to 4% Employer matches Employee voluntary contribution rate up to maximum 4%
Article 27 Leaves of Absence
- Special Leave has been converted into Personal Leave, meaning you will be able to use these days for any reason, subject only to their ability to approve it based on operational requirements.
- Several types of Leaves of Absence that have been introduced into the Employment Standards Code have been incorporated into the agreement.
Your negotiating team would like to thank every one of you for your support during bargaining. We are stronger together when we stand in solidarity!
Please contact your negotiating team members if you have any questions. Make sure you receive the latest bargaining updates and union news by signing up at www.aupe.org/update-info
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM – VENTA CARE CENTRE GSS
Leena Ch’Ng-Mcleod (Alternate)
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF
Kate Robinson, Negotiator
Christine Yargeau-Becker, Organizer
Alexander Delorme, Communications