Ratification vote to occur on September 21st
After a tumultuous bargaining process with the previous negotiator and some confusion as the employer onboarded a replacement, your negotiating team has reached a tentative agreement with the employer. The tentative agreement includes some notable monetary improvements that your negotiating team was able to win.
Members will receive a copy of the draft collective agreement with changes to language highlighted to review in advance of the vote. The vote will occur on September 21st on the worksite with the room and time to be confirmed soon.
The current monetary enhancements are:
- 3-year term: January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2024
- January 1, 2022 – 2% increase to collective agreement hourly rates for all classifications (retroactive)
- January 1, 2023 – 2% increase to collective agreement hourly rates for all classifications
- January 1, 2024 – 2% increase to collective agreement hourly rates for all classifications
- Effective September 1, 2022 increase Article 14.01 (b) night shift premium to $3 per hour
- Effective September 1, 2022 increase Article 14.03 weekday premium for all other classification to $1.75 per hour
- Effective January 1, 2023, increase yearly sick hours as follows:
- Full-time employees – from 56 hours to 75 hours
- Part-time employees – from 24 hours to 37.5 hours
- Add direct bill drug card for benefits
- Effective January 1, 2023 increase the RRSP contribution from 2.0% to 2.5%
- Effective with the 2023 registration renewal year, increase the reimbursement amount from $250 to $300
The negotiating team would like to express their heartfelt gratitude for your solidarity during the bargaining process. The success we’ve achieved on reaching this tentative agreement would have been truly impossible without your resounding support.
AUPE NEGOTIATING TEAM - REVERA RIVER RIDGE
AUPE RESOURCE STAFF
Christian Tetreault Negotiations
Michelle Szalynski Organizing
Kavi Chahal Communications