All media inquiries can be directed to the AUPE communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org or individually:
- Kavi Chahal, AUPE Communications Officer, at 780-729-5108 or email@example.com
- Alexander Delorme, AUPE Communications Officer, at 780-264-9274 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terry Inigo-Jones, AUPE Communications Officer, at 403-831-4394 or email@example.com
- Mimi Williams, AUPE Communications Officer, at 780-240-3562 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For high-resolution or vector versions of AUPE's logo, please email Alexander Delorme at email@example.com with the details of your request.
The Alberta Union of Provincial Employees is Alberta’s largest union, representing more than 95,000 Albertans who work in government, health care, education, boards and agencies, municipalities and private companies. The majority of AUPE’s members work in the public sector. Approximately one third of AUPE’s total members are direct employees of the Alberta provincial government, working in a wide variety of occupations, while about half of AUPE’s total members are employed in the health-care sector.
For administrative purposes, AUPE divides its members into four sectors:
- Provincial Government: AUPE’s approximately 22,000 government members are all direct employees of the Alberta provincial government.
- Health Care: AUPE represents more than 62,000 healthcare workers at public, private and not-for-profit health care providers. This sector includes nursing care employees and general support services employees of Alberta Health Services and Covenant Health.
- Education: More than 10,000 AUPE members work in support roles at 15 post-secondary institutions and three school boards, spread across Alberta.
- Boards, Agencies, and Local Government: More than 3,500 AUPE members work for a variety of mostly public-sector employers, including municipal governments, commissions, and boards and agencies.
Membership numbers as of January 2020
View all media releases